- Shu DY, Ong K, Lovicu FJ. Histopathology of subcapsular cataract in a patient with atopic dermatitis. Optometry and Vision Science 2017; 94(2): 270-276. (Link)
- Shu DY, Wojciechowski M, Lovicu FJ. Bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-7 suppresses TGFβ2-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) in the lens: implications for cataract prevention. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 2017; 58(2): 781-796. (Link)
- Wojciechowski M, Mahmutovic L, Shu DY, Lovicu FJ. ERK1/2 signaling is required for the initiation but not progression of TGFβ-induced lens epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT). Experimental Eye Research 2017; 159:98-113. (Link)
- Kichkin E, Visvanathan A, Lovicu FJ, Shu DY, Das SJ, Reddel SW, McCann EP, Zhang KY, Williams KL, Blair IP, Phillips WD. Postnatal development of spasticity following transgene insertion in the mouse βIV spectrin gene (SPTBN4). Journal of Neuromuscular Diseases 2017; 4(2): 159-164. (Link)
- Shu DY, Lovicu FJ. Myofibroblast transdifferentiation: the dark force in ocular wound healing and fibrosis. Progress in Retina and Eye Research 2017; 60: 44-65. (Link)
- Wojciechowski M, Shu DY, Lovicu FJ. ERK1/2-dependent gene expression contributing to TGFβ-induced lens EMT. Current Eye Research 2018; doi: 10.1080/02713683.2018.1464193. (Link)
- Shu DY, Wojciechowski M, Lovicu FJ. ERK1/2-mediated EGFR-signaling is required for TGFβ-induced lens epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Experimental Eye Research 2019; 178: 108-121. (Link)
- Rosales MA, Shu DY, Iacovelli J, Saint-Geniez M. Loss of PGC-1α in RPE induces mesenchymal transition and promotes retinal degeneration. Life Science Alliance. 2019; 2(3):e201800212. (Link)
- Shu DY, Hutcheon, AEK, Zieske, JD, Guo, XQ. Epidermal growth factor stimulates transforming growth factor-beta receptor type II expression in corneal epithelial cells. Scientific Reports. 2019; 9.8079: 1-11. (Link)
- Shu DY, Lovicu, FJ. Enhanced EGF receptor-signaling potentiates TGFβ-induced lens epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Experimental Eye Research. 2019; 185: 1-9. (Link)
My online NCBI Bibliography can be accessed here.
- Lovicu FJ, Wishart TFL, Mao BP, Flokis M, Shu DY. The ocular lens epithelium: modelling growth factor signalling in physiological and pathological conditions. Advances in Medicine and Biology Volume 146 2019; 1-66.